Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Hush Hush

Well, you can definitely tell that school is out and summer has started.  I'm on a roll and today I finished Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I wasn't big on the title but I kept seeing it over and over again on various blogs and book sites so I picked it up.

I loved it...

Sure, it gave me a bit of Twilight "Deja Vu," but it was still a page turner.  I couldn't wait to find out what our tall, dark, and dangerous fallen angel Patch was going to do next.  The chemistry between Patch and Nora was intense and you could feel the sizzle during some of the scenes between them even though there was no actual sex in the book.  It was the author's way of detailing how Patch looked at her, how close he got, and his general actions when Nora was with him.  Was Nora the smartest 16 year old around?  Absolutely not.  She made lousy decisions that consistently put her in danger and I wanted to yell at her a few times for being so stupid.  What was kind of cool though was that Patch was not always coming to her rescue like Edward did with Bella.  Nora was on her own for several dangerous moments throughout the story and although her common sense was lacking, I still found myself liking her and hoping she and Patch would prevail.  I had some hunches throughout the story about who the real villain was going to be but it was not overly predictable like many YA novels I have read.

Now, as much as I want to read the next one right away, I am feeling a bit wary about it.  Hush Hush ended in a way I really liked and I know that if I read the next one, I am 90% sure that something is going to happen to kill...my...buzz.  This is what happened recently when I went on a reading binge of Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal.  At the end of Opal, I wanted to throw the book across the room.  I couldn't of course, since I was reading on my iPad and it would have been a very expensive fix.

But, like Nora in this novel, I am most likely going to make a bad decision and my next review will be for Crescendo instead of the original book I had planned to read next.  Hopefully, I will not feel the urge to throw things when I finish it.  

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment