Sunday, March 16, 2014

Showcase Sunday


Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vickie at Books Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.

This is my first time participating in this meme.  Hi all!  :)

Well, it seems that some readers have a huge TBR list of ARC books, books borrowed, or books purchased.  I am one of those people who, if my pile gets too big, I feel overwhelmed and I actually don't enjoy my reading as much.  Therefore, I keep less than ten books in my TBR and then I put the rest on a wishlist.  When I get caught up, I decide on the next few books I am going to read.  So, right now I am reading and reviewing one ARC for review that comes out in April, and next on my list are two ebooks I purchased and have been quite excited to read.  I am also adding Fangirl to my wishlist because this is probably about the hundredth place I have seen it listed or commented on. 

Here are my books for the week.  Happy reading everyone!













7 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Penny Reid. Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good system! Although I have to admit, my TBR mountain formed firstly, when Borders was closing and all the sales, I had to buy some of those books I always thought distantly of reading one day! Then I went to a few book conventions and talk about peer pressure! There's the FREE books and then there's getting the books I don't already have by authors I enjoy and getting them signed.

    Then there's the books I buy automatically, to help with the authors' sales. Then there's the peer pressure from other bloggers that I have recently succumbed to! But I bought all those when I had B&N coupons!

    But yeah, that's the origin of my TBR mountain!

    Hope you enjoy your new read!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of those, but love the cover of Destruction.
    Check out my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *waves* Hello! You've added some lovely looking books this week - hope you enjoy!

    My SS this week: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/2014/03/sunday-post-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the fun meme for nosy people ;)
    I love the look of the Winter Witch!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha definitely add Fangirl. The Winter Witch looks really good, I like the cover! Also I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go here for more: http://innocentsmileyx3.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got The Winter Witch a few months ago :)

    ReplyDelete