Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Some Like it Witchy

I started this series a couple of years ago and look forward to each new installment to the series.  I think I enjoy them so much because they remind of the old T.V. show, "Bewitched," minus the nose twitching.

Synopsis from Amazon
The Enchanted Village is abuzz when the old Tavistock house finally goes up for sale. Darcy’s friend Curecrafter Cherise Goodwin is hoping she will have the winning bid on the home, but Darcy can’t shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen—and her magical instincts are usually right.
Sure enough, while Darcy and Cherise are looking at the property, they discover real estate agent Raina Gallagher stone-cold dead on the floor. Clutched in her hand is a gemstone amulet and, on the wall above her, a large red A. While Raina had no shortage of enemies, there’s also a dark legend about the house itself. To track down the killer, Darcy must unlock the secrets of both the deceased and the estate—and she’ll need to act fast, because revenge is a deal that never closes.…

My thoughts
These are happy books.  I know that sounds odd since there is usually at least one murder in each of them but it's the truth. Each and every one of the characters you come into contact with adds to the atmosphere of the story.  They are almost all eccentric and full of personality and make me smile often, even laugh out loud on occasion.  Darcy is perfect as the main character and sleuth for the Elder.  She is nosy, yet extremely likable, with plenty of wit and just a bit of attitude. 

The books are a perfect blend of mystery and magic with just the slightest bit of romance thrown in.  This one in particular is one of my favorites with a well thought out back story.  I loved trying to figure out who the murderer was and this time my guess was wrong! I was truly surprised when it was finally revealed who the killer was.

Everything works out in the end, as it does it most of the series.  I like it that way.  I like knowing that when I curl up to read a Wishcraft Mystery, I am going to be completely engrossed in the story and walk away happy, eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.
                                                                                            post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment