Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Review: The Dark Days Club/The Dark Days Pact



I just love starting a new book knowing it will be good, finding out that it is actually fantastic and immediately grabbing the next book in the series, forgetting completely about the very large TBR list of books waiting to be read. This doesn't happen often but it feels so good when it does. The Dark Days Club is definitely going into my top ten for the year along with its sequel, The Dark Days Pact. My only regret is that I now have to wait for the third book since it is not yet published. So sad...

Synopsis from Goodreads:
London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall’s presentation to the queen, one of her family’s housemaids disappears-and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?

I couldn't ask for more in this story. It has the 1800s British setting that I adore plus magic, mayhem, romance (just a bit), and of course, the battle of good against evil. The plot is original and creative and the characters are so well written and intriguing that I really care what happens to them in the story. The historical aspect of the story has me looking up little tidbits of information online to find out more. I never knew there was a such thing as horse drawn bathing carts for the ocean!

This was a wonderful read and I can't wait for the next book to come out to find out what happens next!


post signature

1 comment: