Monday, October 23, 2017

Review: Tower of Dawn



I have to say that when I originally found out that Tower of Dawn was going to focus on Chaol, I was not thrilled. I came to not like him much over the last couple of books and although he redeemed himself a bit, I still didn't think I would enjoy this book as much.

Wow, was I wrong.

Not only has my opinion of Chaol changed completely, but the story of his healing and the attempt to rally the Khogan's army for the war against the Vog was so engaging that I often didn't even get out of the car when I arrived home from work, instead, just listening until the end of the chapter or section.

This installment does not have as much action in it but what it does have, Chaol's journey to heal his spine, the royal family and the Torre and its history, the developing relationships between Chaol and Irene and Nesryn and Sartaq, are all so well written that they kept the pages turning as well as any fast-paced action scene. The drama that did unfold with the mystery of the Vog hiding within the palace and the spiders kept me on the edge of my seat wondering who was going to make it out alive to continue the journey to war. I also loved the ending where we were given a brief glimpse into what was happening to our other beloved characters who were not the focus of this story. It gave me just enough of a peek to make multiple theories about the path of the next book. I certainly hope I am wrong in what I think might be about to occur.

I am only sorry that this amazing story is over and that I now have to wait for the next installment which is at least six months away. What an incredible ride. :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment